What does Horizon Credit Union do with your personal information?
Financial companies choose how they share Your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires Us to tell You how We collect, share, and protect Your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what We do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service You have with Us. This information can include:
- Social Security number and income
- account balance and payment history
- credit history and credit scores
All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, We list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information, the reasons Horizon Credit Union chooses to share, and whether You can limit this sharing.
Reasons we share Your personal Information and You are unable to limit this sharing
- For Our everyday business purposes — such as to process Your transactions, maintain Your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus.
- For Our marketing purposes — to offer Our products and services to You
- For joint marketing with other financial companies
The Credit Union doesn’t share in the following situations:
- For Our affiliates’ everyday business purposes — information about Your transactions
- For Our affiliates’ everyday business purposes — information about Your creditworthiness
- For Our affiliates to market to You
- For NON-affiliates to market to You
What we do
How does Horizon Credit Union Protect my personal information?
To protect Your personal information from unauthorized access and use, We use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
How does Horizon Credit Union collect my personal information?
We collect Your personal information, for example when You:
- open an account or deposit money
- pay Your bills or apply for a loan
- use Your credit or debit card
We also collect Your personal information from others , such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or others.
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives You the right to limit only
- Sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about Your creditworthiness
- Affiliates from using Your information to market to You
- Sharing for non-affiliates to market You
- State laws and individual companies may give You additional rights to limit sharing.
Affiliates: Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies. Horizon Credit Union has no affiliates.
Non-Affiliates: Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial or non-financial companies. Horizon Credit Union does not share with non-affiliates so they can market You.
Joint Marketing: A formal agreement between non-affiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to You. Our joint marketing partners include categories of companies such as: financial service providers and insurance companies.
Online Services and Mobile Devices
HCU CARD DEFENSE MOBILE APP
HCU Card Defense Mobile App periodically collects, transmits, and uses geolocation information for enabling features such as, but not limited to, card use and alerts to prevent fraudulent activates, but only if the end user expressly authorizes collection of such information. Geolocation information can be monitored on a continuous basis in the background only while the feature(s) are being used or not at all, depending on the end user’s selection. The end user can change his/her/their location permissions at any time in their device settings.