We are looking for people who are interested in making a difference by serving on the Horizon Utah Federal Credit Union Board of Directors. One position will be open for election at our annual meeting on April 29, 2024. This position carries a three-year term. If you are interested in serving on this important governing body, please submit a letter of application (limited to 150 words) and a resume to the Nominations Committee at PO Box 687, Farmington UT 84025. Your application must be received by the close of business on Friday, December 15, 2023.
To be eligible to run for the Board, candidates must:
- Have a credit union membership in good standing (defined as having a minimum of $5 in savings, current on all loans, within the pre-determined line of credit, and never having caused a loss to the credit union in past business dealings).
- Be over the age of 18 on the day of the election.
- Attest to being free from any conflict of interest.
- Be able to attend at least 75% of all Board meetings (as mandated by law) and be willing to attend training and planning sessions. Attendance at board meetings includes in-person, online, or over the phone.
- Become knowledgeable in all areas of credit union.
- Have no immediate family members who are current employees or volunteers at the credit union.
- Current employees are ineligible for election.
- Must comply with NCUA requirements for board members.
Nominations for candidacy may also be made by petition. Members applying via petition must submit a statement of qualification and the petition for candidacy, signed by at least 1% of credit union members. Such applications must be accompanied by a certificate signed by the nominee stating they are agreeable to the nomination and will serve if elected. The petition must be received by the close of business on February 26, 2024. Nominations will not be accepted from the floor during the election. Board members cannot be monetarily compensated.